Wednesday, 21 December 2016
Welcome to my blog, my name is Tim Parnett. Since I first started using a wheelchair I noticed there is no one to advocate for the physical condition of sidewalks and sidewalk ramps in Edmonton and area. They are not fully accessible to all and that's wrong. That is why I'm trying to start a nonprofit called Mightywheels.ca This team has taken an oath to assist people who use wheels. weather it's, parents pushing baby strollers or the people with wheeled walking aids or people using wheelchairs, we all need equal accessibility.
Saturday, 17 December 2016
Friday, 16 December 2016
I would like someone to film me riding the city bus and also doing my evaluations I do throughout town. I like to evaluate businesses on their accessibility and then I post the information on my blog. Would be interested in filming this endeavor?
If you would be interested in this please contact
Monday, 12 December 2016
The Voice of Albertans with Disabilities is currently working on a project, funded in part by Alberta Human Rights and Multiculturalism; Creating Accessible Hotels in Alberta. The outcomes of the project are that:
· Persons with disabilities will have more access to equitable and appropriate hotels and lodgings in Alberta.
· A template of an optimum accessible hotel room, complete with washroom, lavatory and barrier-free amenities within the room be developed.
· Persons with disabilities and caregivers will be involved in the process of identifying their needs.
· The Hotel Industry in Alberta will have awareness of the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities.
· The project will provide an understanding of the specific accommodations to be considered.
· Education and awareness for policy makers, decision makers, construction industry and municipalities.
· Increased knowledge of best practices and gaps between policies, standards and delivery systems within the hospitality industry.
We would like to hear directly from persons with disabilities who travel and stay in hotels and lodges throughout Alberta. Please take the survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/
Please forward this email to your contacts and post on social media. Thank you.
We also need individuals who might be interested in participating in focus groups that we will arrange directly with them. The Registration Checklist (attached with this email) will be the pivotal point for focus groups as we want to hear directly from persons with disabilities. Focus groups may be done by phone. Please contact the Project Manager, Donna Graham, at 780-488-9088, Toll-free at 1-800-387-2514 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org regarding focus groups or if you have any questions/concerns.
Your assistance is appreciated.
ALBERTA DISABILITIES FORUM
106-10423 178 ST NW
Edmonton, Alberta T5S 1R5
Any views or opinions presented or expressed in materials generated by a third party and forwarded through this email are solely those of the original author and do not necessarily represent those of the Alberta Disabilities Forum. The Alberta Disabilities Forum accepts no liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing.
Saturday, 10 December 2016
Please sign my petition it's to help everyone from, parents pushing baby strollers, people with walking devices, or people like me in wheelchairs.
Mightywheels, is Canada's first wheel accessibility team, helping all people who use wheels, parents pushing baby strollers, people using walking devices, or…