Wednesday 23 March 2016

The Meeting.

Tim met Robert Lipka from the city of Edmonton at second cup in Callingwood. Prior to our meeting Robert walked around the area briefly to look at the sidewalks and ramps, and took pictures. Robert and I discussed speed bumps and the small space in between that is inaccessible, the lack of sidewalks, and broken sidewalks. We  talked about the incomplete sidewalk in my complex. Other issues included sidewalk cleaning in the winter and sidewalk corners and what would be the best way to repair them. Robert worked on accessibility issues in New Zealand. He showed pictures of areas of the city and asked me what my thoughts were. Our discussion led to the topic of Universal design. Universal design ensures all have accessibility to buildings etc. They will have a UD working group. I will be one of the external additions.

Please visit my blog.. mightywheels.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment